Macquarie City Campus
To assist students in their studies, Macquarie City Campus and Navitas offers a range of bursaries that provide real support for commencing students. There are two different types of Scholarships which are:
Navitas offers financial support in the form of family bursaries. A bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study with a Navitas member institution^.
The first family member can be studying with a Navitas member institution at the same time as other family members or may have previously studied with any Navitas member institution. For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
The bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study with a Navitas member institution. The bursary is equivalent to 10% of tuition fee for the first attempt at units in the program of study (ie. certificate#, diploma#, bachelor degree, pre-masters program/PQP or masters degree with a Navitas member institution (excluding mixed English option) and is credited to the eligible student’s tuition fee account each semester (the amount being relevant to the number of units undertaken in that semester). The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
^ The Navitas bursary is not applicable to English
language program or any component of any
English language program offered by Navitas
# Diploma programs may also be known or registered as undergraduate pathway, University Transfer Program Stage II or University Pathway Program Stage II. Certificate programs may also be known or registered a Foundation Studies, University Transfer Program Stage I or University Pathway Program Stage I.
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at ACN, Curtin College, Curtin Sydney, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIBT, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe Melbourne, LIBT, Macquarie City Campus, MIBT, MIBT Indonesia, PDIC, PIBT, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application form can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
MQC and Navitas is committed to helping students achieve their career goals by offering scholarships to outstanding students.
The Macquarie City Campus (MQC) Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded each semester to the most outstanding results from two students across all programs at MQC. i.e. foundation, undergraduate and masters.
The scholarships are tuition fee waivers for one academic semester or part thereof (equivalent to the maximum of up to five academic subjects)
Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of program will be recipient’s responsibility. For programs that articulate directly into a university degree program (i.e. Foundation), the scholarship will cover only the components of the program for the semester.
- Be continuing (current) student,
- Have achieved an overall minimum 3.5 GPA across all courses in their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for);
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received a MQC scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from MQC withdrawn.
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit points at MQC prior to your final semester of study.
- The scholarship applies to the final semester of study for a foundation/undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses / subjects undertaken.
- Successful recicipents will not normally receive any money . The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their their final semester of study for a foundation/undergraduate/masters program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their final semester of study for foundation/undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or MQC member institutes in any circumstances.
- The value of “up front “ student contribution fees will be paid by MQC on behalf of Commonwealth Supported students.
- MQC member instititions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
The MQC scholarship panel, chaired by the Campus Director & Principal will select the recipients of the Navitas academic merit scholarships upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results.
Correct as at 1 January 2011 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Ltd.